Wheelchair Accessible Car Rental Terms & Conditions
Vantastic rents all vehicle in perfect operating condition & with all corresponding documentation, tyres, tools and accessories and in good general condition regarding the exterior and cleanliness of the vehicle. Vehicles are available for rental use throughout the whole island of Ireland only.
Booking Rental Cars:
- All bookings must be made via the online booking request form
- Once completed online booking request from is received a member of the Vantastic rental team will contact the main rental contact via phone/email provided. Failure to provide both may result in us being unable to contact you.
- The main nominated driver will be required to present driving licenses (their own and optional additional nominated driver(s) if required) at collection of vehicle.
- The main nominated driver is required to sign the rental agreement at collection.
- All nominated drivers are required to complete the Nominated Driver Registration Form in advance of picking up vehicle.
- All rentals are subject to availability of suitable car, rentals are made available on a first come first served basis
The Person who signs the Rental agreement & all Nominated Drivers undertake to:
- Preserve the general good repair of the vehicle.
- Respect the Rule of the Road and any legal provisions governing transport and road safety.
- Including those regulations covering the use of the Disabled Drivers Parking Permit provided.
- Not allow the vehicle to be driven by persons not authorised in the Rental Agreement.
- Possess the current relevant driving licence as outlined in our booking information.
- Not drive when physically incapable due to the consumption of alcohol, drugs or other narcotic substances, or to tiredness or illness.
- Not to use the vehicle to tow other vehicles or take part in races, competitions or challenges of whatsoever nature.
- Not drive on unpaved roads that are not appropriate for traffic and which may cause damage to the underside of the bodywork, where said damages shall be the fault of the member/nominated driver.
- There shall be a 30 minute period of grace for the return of the vehicle with regard to the agreed time. Consequently, if the vehicle is returned after this period, the Member shall pay an extra amount corresponding to at least one day’s rent. Any final amount resulting from this situation shall depend on the moment the vehicle is returned.
- Should the Member wish to extend the vehicle Rental time he must notify Vantastic of said intention with sufficient notice, sign a new agreement and pay a new amount to cover the extended service. Vantastic does not guarantee the possibility of said extension.
Rental Car Nominated Driver Requirements.
- Aged 25-70 years of age
- All driver must hold a full valid and current national driver’s licence for over 3 years (For all Non-European Union renters whose driver’s licenses are not issued in roman script, an International Driving Permit (IDP) or an official translation is mandatory. The IDP translates the national driver’s licence into various languages and is not accepted without the national licence.)
- Have never had an endorsement on your licence
- Have never been disqualified from driving. (including for penalty points offences)
- Have fully advised Vantastic of any disability or medical condition that impairs your ability to drive.
Important Notice: Failure to disclose any details which fall outside the requirements above could result in an insurance claim being declined and insurance cover being invalidated. If for any reason you are in doubt please contact Vantastic.
- It is the responsibility of the Driver/s to refuel the vehicle with the appropriate class of fuel, the cost of which shall always be his/hers.
- Costs resulting from the inadequate use of fuel shall be debited against the credit card under which the booking was made.
- Vehicles will be provided with a full tank of fuel and should be returned with the tank at the same level.
Rental Charges – in addition to the main Rental charge Vantastic reserves the right to recover by debiting the Credit Card associated with this booking
- The charges resulting from any loss of tyres tools first aid kit extinguishers toll pass parking pass accessories and keys.
- Fines and legal costs resulting from traffic offences or infringement of legislation by the driver/drivers.
- All costs for repairing the damages to the vehicle when it has not been used in accord with the conditions set out above or where a proper and accurate accident report form has not been filled out and supplied to the company. All accidents and incidents relating to the vehicle should be reported to Vantastic not more than 24 hours after the incident and a full report and details provided.
- All road tolls incurred, but not paid by the driver.
- If the vehicle is returned with fuel at a lower level the difference will be charged against the credit card under which the booking was made.
Insurance – Insurance cover to the car and passengers is provided by Vantastic under the following conditions
- An accident /damage excess of €350.00. The renter is liable for all damage up to €350.00. At time of payment Vantastic will securely register the payee Credit Card details for potential excess insurance cost. The insurance excess will be drawndown only in the case of rental damage.
- The Nominated Drivers only are, through the signing of this agreement, added to the policy as insured people.
- The vehicle is insured for use on the Island of Ireland only.
- It does not cover the damage, loss or theft of the Members or passengers personal belongings in the interior of the vehicle.
- In case of mechanical breakdown, full 24 hour breakdown cover is available. Contact should be made directly with the recovery service as specified in vehicle info sheet.
- It does not cover damages if the vehicle is not used in accord with the conditions set forth in that part of the agreement governing the use thereof or, in the event of an accident, no report being made to Vantastic.
- It does not cover damages to the vehicle if the delivery or return date has expired and no new agreement signed.
- This vehicle is covered by 24 hour Breakdown assistance – see vehicle fact sheet for details
- This vehicle may be tracked using a Global Positioning System (GPS)
- In the event of an accident or breakdown which can not be dealt with by the AA or their agents and where the vehicle has to be taken out of service, Vantastic can not guarantee to provide a replacement vehicle.
- All accidents or breakdown must be reported to Vantastic as soon as possible on Free Phone 1800 242 703
- In the event of an accident or breakdown Vantastic will not provide any compensation towards additional cost experienced by the driver and passengers (e.g. food, accommodations, alternative transport or any other costs)
- In the event of an accident or breakdown occurring in the Dublin Area which can not be dealt with by the AA or their agents and where the vehicle has to be taken out of service and no replacement vehicle is available Vantastic will guarantee to get the driver and passenger’s home as quickly as possible.
- In the event of an accident or breakdown occurring outside the Dublin Area which can not be dealt with by the AA or their agents and where the vehicle has to be taken out of service and no replacement vehicle is available; Vantastic will guarantee to get the driver and passenger’s returned to Dublin at an additional cost of €100.00.
- All vehicles are supplied clean and refreshed
Vehicles returned excessively dirty (including sand and mud internally) and returned with excessive odours including cigarette smoke will incur a €100.00 charge.
- Pet / Livestock may not be transported in the rental vehicles at any time.
- We do permit the transport of assistance dogs (working animals) once we have been informed in advance of rental.
- Soiling / Shedding by animals may result in the application of the €100 cleaning charge.
- See Rental Rates