Wheelchair Accessible Car Rental Terms & Conditions
Booking Rental Cars:
- All bookings must be made via the online booking request form
- Once availability is confirmed by Vantastic reservations will be held for 48 hours. Bookings are not confirmed until payment is received.
- All rentals are subject to availability of a suitable car, rentals are made available on a first come first served basis
- All Rentals must be paid for in advance via Credit/Debit Card.
Rental Car Pickup and Return:
- The Vantastic Rental Car Depot is open Mon-Fri 9am-5pm only. Cars can only be collected and returned during these hours.
- The main nominated driver at collection will be required to sign the Rental Agreement and present drivers licenses.
- At return, the Main Nominated Driver is required to sign off the Rental Return Form.
The Person who signs the Rental agreement & all Nominated Drivers undertake to:
- Possess the current relevant driving licence. Not allow the vehicle to be driven by persons not authorised in the Rental Agreement.
- Only use the rental car throughout the Island of Ireland (including Northern Ireland).
- Respect the Rules of the Road and any legal provisions governing transport and road safety.
- Respect regulations covering the use of the Disabled Drivers Parking Permit provided.
- Not drive when physically incapable due to the consumption of alcohol, drugs or other narcotic substances, or due to tiredness or illness.
- Not to transport Pets/Livestock except in the case of permitted service dogs (working animals).
- Respect the No Smoking Policy in Vantastic rental cars.
- Preserve the general good repair of the vehicle. Not to use the vehicle to tow other vehicles or take part in races, competitions or challenges of whatsoever nature. Not drive on unpaved roads that are not appropriate for traffic and which may cause damage to the underside of the bodywork.
- Not use the Rental Car for Hire or Reward
Rental Car Nominated Driver Requirements.
- All nominated drivers are required to complete the Nominated Driver Registration Form in advance.
- Aged 21-70 years of age
- All drivers must hold a full (non-restricted) valid and current national driver’s licence for over 3 years (For all Non-European Union renters whose driver’s licenses are not issued in roman script, an International Driving Permit (IDP) or an official translation is mandatory. The IDP translates the national driver’s licence into various languages and is not accepted without the national licence.)
- Have never had an endorsement on your licence
- Have never been disqualified from driving. (including for penalty points offences)
- Have fully advised Vantastic of any disability or medical condition that impairs your ability to drive.
Important Notice: Failure to disclose any details which fall outside the requirements above could result in an insurance claim being declined and insurance cover being invalidated. If for any reason you are in doubt please contact Vantastic.
Additional Rental Charges – in addition to the main Rental charge Vantastic reserves the right to recover by debiting the Credit Card associated with a booking.
- Replacement of lost vehicle equipment including keys.
- All Unpaid Road Tolls, Fines and legal costs resulting from traffic offences or infringement of legislation by the driver/drivers.
- Vehicles will be provided with a full tank of fuel and should be returned with the tank at the same level. Failure to do so will result in an additional penalty charge of €20.00 per quarter tank of fuel.
- Vehicles returned excessively dirty (including sand, mud, soiling internally, animal shedding, cigarette odour etc.) will incur a €100.00 cleaning charge.
- We provide a 30 minute period of grace for the return of the rental car with regard to the agreed time. After this period an extra amount corresponding to at least one day’s rental will apply for a late return.
Insurance – Insurance cover where applicable to the rental car and passengers is provided by Vantastic under the following conditions
- An accident /damage excess of €350.00. The renter is liable for all damage up to €350.00.
- A maximum of two Nominated Drivers is allowed. Additional Nominated drivers are only allowed subject to agreement with Vantastic directly, please note an additional cost may apply for additional drivers.
- The Nominated Drivers only are, through the signing of this agreement, added to the policy as insured people.
- It does not cover the damage, loss or theft of the Members or passengers personal belongings in the interior of the vehicle.
- It does not cover damages if the vehicle is not used in accord with the Vantastic Rental Terms & Conditions or, in the event of an accident not being reported to Vantastic.
Breakdown & Accident
- All rental cars are covered by 24 hour AA Breakdown assistance. In case of mechanical breakdown, contact should be made directly with the AA recovery service as specified on the card located in the rental car.
- All breakdowns & accidents must be reported to Vantastic as soon as possible on Free Phone 1800 242 703. Office Hours Mon-Fri 8am-5pm / Sat & Sun 8am-8pm.
- In the event of an accident or breakdown which cannot be dealt with by the AA or their agents and where the vehicle has to be taken out of service, Vantastic cannot guarantee to provide a replacement vehicle.
- In the event of an accident or breakdown Vantastic will not provide any compensation towards additional costs experienced by the driver and passengers (e.g. food, accommodations, alternative transport or any other costs).
- Regardless of the nature of any accident (major/minor), the Renter is required to complete a full accident report form when returning the rental car.
- Vantastic reserves the right to track all rental cars using a Global Positioning System (GPS)
- See Rental Rates